The Lector proclaims the Word of God at Mass and in doing so serves as the mouthpiece through which God speaks to the Church. This proclamation is no ordinary reading, therefore, careful training and preparation is necessary.
Who Can Serve as a Lector?
The determination of who can serve as a Lector is the responsibility of the individual seeking to enter into this ministry, those involved in the formation and training of Lectors and the Pastor.
It must be understood that discernment is an essential and necessary part of entering into any ministry.
Requirements for Serving as a Lector:
• A follower of Jesus Christ
• Confirmed Roman Catholic
• In good standing with the Church
• Actively involved in the life of the parish
• Regular Mass attendance on Sunday/Holy Days
• A familiarity and love for Sacred Scripture
• A genuine desire to share the Word of God with others
For more information contact Catherine Webb
114 South 4th Street, Palatka, Florida 32177, United States
Copyright © 2021 St Monica Catholic Church - All Rights Reserved.